OFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE, APOSTLE (PROF.) JOHNSON SULEMAN MONDAY 22TH JANUARY 2018

TODAY'S READING: MARK 11-13
TOPIC: COMMITMENT
TEXT: Philippians 1:21 "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
Apostle Paul was so committed to Christ to the point that his life counted no more to him. All he wanted to do was to be in the purpose of God either in life or in death. This is a clear case of undaunted commitment.

Commitment is your willingness to passionately give your time, energy and resources to something you believe in. It is also a firm decision to doing something. Commitment is not an intermittent act, it is not something you do when you like or in convenience. Your commitment must remain intact. The commitment of yesterday cannot up for today neither can today's commitment overlay tomorrow. Your commitment should get better by the day. You should not remain on the same level; you need to check or evaluate your commitment to the things of God asking yourself some vital questions: is it better? Is it dwindling? Am I living in past glory? Have I gone into my shell because situation of life compelled me to? The path of the just is as the shining light that shineth more and more unto a perfect day (Prov.4:18). Yesterday should never be better; ask God for Grace to be committed to the things of God even unto death.

PRAYER
My Father, infuse into me a fresh passion to be committed to the things of the kingdom...

4 comments:

  1. I receive the grace to be committed to things of the kingdom in Jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessing Immaculate Oziegbe30 January 2018 at 05:09

    By faith I connect to that grace to be committed to the things of God IJN.Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I be transformed by ur word Lord! In Jesus Christ Name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Father in heaven grant me grace to be committed to the things of the kingdKi even unto the death for your glory as you will it, help me O Lord, that from today my confession and passion and commitment would be "For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain" in Jesus mighty. Father, send the Holy Spirit into my life and soul and let your light and vision be impafimp into me for the gospel's sake, and make my life and light to shine more and more unto the perfect day in Jesus mighty name. O Lord, let not my past be better and greater than my today in Jesus mighty name. O God, may your favor be upon me to be committed to things that matters most in life and for the Kingdom in Jesus mighty name. May I not tow and tread the part of ease, pleasures and lack of zeal, commitment and passion for souls and the gospel in jJesu mighty name. Father transform my life and send me as an uncompromising and committed vessel for my generation and beyond in Jesus mighty name. Thank You O Father, I know and believed in my heart that You have answered my prayers in Jesus mighty name i have prayed. Amen.

    ReplyDelete